Baruch College Ranks among the Best Regional Universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report#4 among public institutions, #2 as a top performer of social mobility
September 9, 2019
Baruch College is among the “Best Regional Universities-North” according to a just-released ranking by U.S. News & World Report.
When compared with other schools in the North, Baruch garnered several top rankings:
- #16 among public and private schools—jumping four spots from last year
- #4 among public institutions—moving one place higher than last year
- #2 – top performers on social mobility
- #5 – median amount of debt at graduation
- #6 – ethnic diversity (tie)
- #9 – schools with the most international students (tie)
Baruch also secured high rankings in additional categories:
- #21 – most innovative schools
- #21 – best undergraduate teaching
- #51 – best value schools, leaping 22 spots from previous year
National Rankings: Best Undergraduate Business Programs
Baruch College earned national recognition from its peer institutions for having the best business undergraduate programs, which are at the Zicklin School of Business:
- #79 – national ranking out of 504 public and private schools
- #49 – among public institutions in the U.S.
- #38 – Finance among U.S. public and private institutions
- #47 – Accounting among U.S. public and private institutions
Now in its 35th year, U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Colleges rankings focused on outcome measures like graduation rates, retention rates and social mobility indicators in order to “help students pick the best school for them.” U.S. News collected data from 1,900 schools during spring 2019, and ranked approximately 1,400 institutions.
# # #