U.S. News & World Report: Baruch College Earns High Marks as a “2021 Best Regional University-North”#4 among public institutions; jumps nine spots for “most innovative schools”
September 16, 2020
Baruch College once again ranks as one of the best institutions in the region for academic excellence, student success, faculty resources, and affordability, according to U.S. News & World Report’s just-released “2021 Best Regional Universities-North” rankings.
The 2021 rankings place Baruch in the top-five bracket in four different categories—public institutions, social mobility, least student debt, and diversity—repeating the College’s impressive rankings in the last few years. In this latest ranking, Baruch College moved up to the #4 slot among public institutions following four consecutive years placing #5.
At a Glance: “Best Regional University-North”
U.S. News & World Report compared Baruch to approximately 250 universities in the North, and determined the following placements:
- #16 among all public and private institutions
- #4 among public institutions
- #2 top performers on social mobility
- #3 for least student loan debt at graduation – two positions up from 2020
- #3 campus ethnic diversity (tie) – three positions up from 2020
- #9 schools with the most international students
Baruch also secured high placements in additional categories:
- #12 most innovative schools (tie) – nine positions up from 2020
- #17 economic diversity (tie)
- #22 best undergraduate teaching (tie)
- #69 best value schools
- #18 among public institutions
Baruch is also among the 43 schools in the North to make the “A+ Schools for B Students” list. U.S. News did not rank the schools on this list.
Top Rankings Kick off Academic Year
U.S. News & World Report’s “2021 Best Regional Universities-North” rankings add to a growing list of top rankings and recognitions as undergraduate and graduate student begin the new academic year. In the last few months alone, Baruch has earned nationwide recognition for its high-quality academic programs, and successfully advancing students to career success:
- #1: in New York, among public and private institutions – Money
- “Best 386 Colleges” annual guidebook – The Princeton Review
- #1: “Four-Year Public Colleges as Engines of Economic Mobility” – Brookings Institution
- #2: “Best Public Institutions for Return on Investment” – CNBC
Take a Virtual Tour: Visit Baruch College and its three schools—Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and Zicklin School of Business—by viewing its virtual tour.
Now in their 36th year, U.S. News & World Report’s “2021 Best Colleges” rankings assesses 1,452 U.S. bachelor’s degree-granting institutions on 17 measures of academic quality. According to U.S. News, regional universities offer a broad scope of undergraduate degrees and some master’s degree programs but few, if any, doctoral programs. A detailed explanation of the methodology is available here.
# # #